CSTI recommendation of 6 December
2006 concerning the Internet of the furure
Published on 6 September 2007
the full text of the CSTI recommendation in pdf format
The Conseil Stratégique des Technologies de l'Information
(Strategic Advisory Board on Information Technologies),
Having regard to Decree 2004-255 of 22 March 2004 establishing a Strategic Advisory Board on Information Technologies,
Recommends the following:
- Equip the Board with institutional and technological tools to be able to take part in and influence:
- The definition of the new generation Internet in response to the increase in different networked environments, such as the Internet of Things;
- Global governance of Internet resources and means, and of their control;
- Continue thinking on influencing the development of open-source software and, correlatively, the non-patentability of software with a view to its use on the Internet;
- Encourage and effectively guarantee the dissemination of very low-cost, easy-pay content on the Internet by making suitable payment methods available;
- Take into account the Internet of the Future working group memorandum of 14 September 2006 entitled "Internet and the Information Society: Repercussions of Technological Issues and Innovations for Applications and Contents – Future Internet Implications", appended to this recommendation.
Done in Paris on 6 December 2006
By the Delegate Chairman:
JEAN MICHEL HUBERT
Members of the Strategic Advisory Board on Information Technologies on 6 December 2006
Jean-François ABRAMATIC, Alain BRAVO, Patrick COCQUET, Jean-Pierre CORNIOU, Michel DAHAN, Michel DIDIER, Claude GUÉGUEN, Yves GUILLEMOT, Simone HALBERSTADT HARARI, Jean-Charles HOURCADE, Daniel KAPLAN, Arnaud LAGARDÈRE, Patrick LE LAY, Philippe LEMOINE, André LÉVY-LANG, Jean-Bernard LÉVY, Colette LEWINER, Joël MONNIER, Jean MOUNET, Grégoire OLIVIER, Isabelle PARIZE, Gilles PÉLISSON, François-Henri PINAULT, Denis RANQUE, Gérard ROUCAIROL, Claude SATINET, Jacques STERN and Serge TCHURUK.
Annex : Report of 14 September 2006 entitled "Internet and the Information Society: Repercussions of Technological Issues and Innovations for Applications and Contents – Future Internet Implications"